Thursday, September 15, 2011

Valdani Motif 3.2

While it has been a most comfortable day temperature wise, I have not gotten nearly as much tatting done as I had hoped.  Round two is in progress and looks like:

The counts for this round are:
R13+13 CL RW
CH5 followed by 11 even -s 5 CL RW
R13+13 CL RW
CH5 sm- med- sm- 5 CL RW
R7+7CL RW
CH5 sm- med- sm- 5 CL RW
R13+13 CL RW
Continue around motif.
Please note I wrote the above pattern to reflect the image.
Picutred below is a closer view:

You may be wondering why I have accomplished so little in the way of tatting.  Well, that would be due to the wonderful Czech art glass buttons that arrived yesterday!  I have been combing my thread cabinets and bead boxes looking for just the right fibers and accents to work with.  I took a few images to share with you.


Isn't this one vivid?  I am still hunting for just the right green to serve as a foundation.

This one has irredescent flashes of lavenders and pinks.

This little beauty has a neat glittery look to it.  It flashes fushia & amber.  What thread would best compliment this button?

And these sunflower buttons are just fantastic!  I can hardly wait to tat something fabulous with them!

Yes, I am easily distracted by shiny, flashy buttons & beads.  They just beg to be paired up with thread and fabric.  Not to worry, I will finish with round two of the Valdani motif this evening and begin with round three.  It will be up for your enjoyment tomorrow... unless the buttons drag me into the atelier and make me do something with them!!!!!

Don't forget about the:
Halloween Give Away!!!
To enter click the google "Join this Site" button to the right below the poll and above the list of current blog followers.  Current followers are automatically entered.

Until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!

2 comments:

  1. You do such beautiful work! I love coming over to visit, never know what I may find! Also a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for such a lovely pattern, your tatting patterns are lovely, Your beads/buttons are amazing I look forward to seeing what you come up with them
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete