Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Simple Ring Wreath

I know it's not even Thanksgiving yet, but I have already started Christmas tatting.  Over the next couple of weeks, I will be featuring quick and easy tatting ideas for the holiday season.  The first project is one that I have used in beginner tatting classes for over 15 years.  It is a simple ring with picots and a bow adhered to the front.  These can be used as earrings, pendants, bobby pin and barrette accents, as well as card and gift accents.  I oftentimes add jingle bells and beads to the picots for that extra Christms bling.

R1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-CL, tie & cut.  Tie small red ribbon and glue. OR
R1 with 13-s CL, tie & cut.  Tie small red ribbon and glue.

The counts are just a suggestion. Vary the ds and - counts for different effects; add beads, jingle bells, charms, whatever your heart desires.  Have fun playing and creating.  The recipient is sure to be pleased with your efforts!


I am working on another variation to share with you tomorrow.  And I am bouncing around ideas for what I should tat to best accent the fabulous vintage Regency brooch pictured below:


I think a fluffy frame with the Valdani M 43 pearl cotton would be gorgeous.  What do you think?

AND REMEMBER:
The Piney Woods Harvest Event sign-up deadline is November 16th. Tomorrow!!!
To be eligible for my super giveaway click the google "Join this Site" button to follow the blog.  Those who are followers already are automatically entered.  The winner will be selected using a random number generator early in the morning onThursday, November 17th.  The winner will be notified via email and announced on the Thursday blog post.  Good luck!

Lily Fey is letting me know that it is time for her afternoon tug-of-war play session.  Guess I had better humor her so I can get back to tatting sooner rather than later.  Until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!




1 comment:

  1. Lovely post, looking forward to seeing your christmas tatting.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete