Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Awaiting Spring Pendant

My tatting needles were busy this morning in the Piney Woods.  After a nice cup of tea, I ambled off into the woods with the new Valdani pearl cotton and was inspired to tat this:


This pendant was tatted with size 8 Valdani pearl cotton in color O559.  They call this color "Watery Weed".  I think this color should be called "Awaiting Spring" as it is the colors one often sees in my Piney Woods just before all the plants start budding out for Spring.  The pendant is accented with Swarovski crystal bicones in "Grass Green" and a shuttle shaped antique MOP shell button.  I don't know if I will sell this little beauty or keep it for myself as I am awfully fond of the colors.


To tat this piece, I began with a foundation of 6 ICR (interlocking chain-rings) with counts of 15 - with 4mm Swarovski bicone 15 CL.


The next step was to use the ends to secure the button and a 6mm Swarovski bicone to the front of the base.  I then pulled the ends to the back to tie, cut & hide.
Next, I commenced with the additional chain work around the motif to form the finished pendant.

This afternoon I hope to find a couple of tiny buttons to use as bases for earrings to possibly make a demi-parure with this thread.
Who knows what I may find in my button stash.

What are you, dear readers, tatting?  Any special projects or undertakings?   I think I'll put up a new poll about this in a minute.

It's another beautiful day and the woods are calling me again.  I'm off to play for a bit before picking up the kid from school.  Have a great day & until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!




4 comments:

  1. I love the colour of your new pendant!!! They are my kind of colours too!!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour of the thread and yes it's got the wrong name spring would be better, beautiful pendant, spring is starting but snow is forecasted for later.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the shape of that pendant!

    ReplyDelete