Wednesday, February 29, 2012

New Doily Started

After sifting through the Valdani pearl cotton stash, I selected a color and began a new doily today.


I am using size 8 Valdani pearl cotton in color H 206 "Washed Orange- Heirloom" with a few 4mm "Copper Rose" Swarovski bicones.
To be honest, I didn't have any specific design in mind for this one.  I just started tatting.  Think I'll continue and see what I end up with.  By the way, what do you think would be a good name for this one?

Oh, yes!  I almost forgot...there was a goody in my mailbox this morning from a tatting friend.


Thank you, Heather, for the lovely vintage Star tatting thread and 2 shuttles!  I haven't done shuttle tatting in a while.  I may have to play some this evening.

It has finally stopped raining and Lily Fey is pestering me to take her out for a good run in the woods.  Guess I had better do that before she starts spinning at the front door & howling- she gets VERY excited about her outings in the woods.  Have a fantastic day & until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!





4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous colour!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it looks like a cloud to me, even if it is orange... which I do like :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pattern you've started! The colors is so elegant!

    ReplyDelete