Thursday, April 12, 2012

Saddleback Ridge Hike

The Saddleback Ridge Trail is gorgeous!  It follows a ridgeline used by Chickasaw Indians to travel to the Freedom Hills in the Mississippi/Alabama area.  There are dramatic outcroppings, caves and rock formations all along the way.


I wish I could adequately describe the plethora of greens and browns that were prevalent along our hike!  If only I could have thread in these colorways...  I must admit, though, the Sulky Blendables in Moss Medley and Forest Floor are very close.  Valdani Luxury Pearl Silk in Golden Moss is a close match, also. 

I took so many images!  The colors and textures were fabulous and greatly stimulated my creativity.  Rest assured, I took copious notes the entire trip!  After some serious Spring cleaning, I plan to be EXTREMELY busy tatting all sorts of goodies.

Speaking of Spring cleaning, I'd better get busy.  Have a wonderful day doing whatever makes your soul sing!
Until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!




2 comments:

  1. What lovely photos, they look so fresh green landscape of pleasant forest of lushness and wildness all rolled into one.
    I am sure your energy and mojo are working overtime, look forward to seeing what you come up with.
    Thank you for sharing your lovely photos
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks lush and green. Here our trees are still in bud.

    ReplyDelete