Friday, June 15, 2012

New Earring Design Started

Last night, as I was sifting through my tatting tray, I came across just a bit of Valdani Luxury Pearl Silk left on one spool.  Not one to waste thread, my mind began pondering what I could use the leftover portion for.  After rummaging through the miscellaneous box in the Atelier, I came across a package of endcaps for beads.  Hmmm.... I began to imagine options.  This is what I did:


It is only the beginning, but will eventually be a pair of earrings.  I added some light grey pearl Czech seed beads and 4mm light rose Swarovski bicones with the Valdani Luxury Pearl Silk (color S204 "Nostalgic Rose").  Today will be spent fleshing out this new design.  Think I'll add it to the Romance of the Piney Woods collection.

Jocelin and I will be going to an estate auction later this morning and after a nice mother/daughter lunch, we'll need to get some Father's Day shopping done.  Big Daddy & Pappy need some nice, new goodies! 

Well, the earrings are waiting and I've a very busy day ahead.  Hope you have a marvelous Father's Day weekend!  Until Monday~
Happy Tatting!


3 comments:

  1. Looks a beautiful earring, love the colour.

    I hope you have a lovely weekend and the weather stays fine for you we have rain, yes just a bit more rain to go with all the rain we have had over the last couple of months since they said we are in dought.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous just like that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very creative! Hope you keep on sharing more of your pretty projects.

    ReplyDelete