Wednesday, November 21, 2012

FREE Pendant Foundation Pattern

Good morning, dear readers!
 
I played around yesterday with some Valdani Luxury Pearl Silk and thought I'd share the basic foundation of the pendant I'm tatting:
 
For this foundation you will need: a size 8 tatting needle, Valdani Luxury Pearl Silk in S592, and 30 size 11/0 Ornela seed beads in "rainbow grey".
 
String all seed beads onto silk and tat as follows:
R 7-7 - (with 3 seed beads) 7-7 CL RW
CH 7 followed by 5 graduated -s 7 CL RW
R 7+7- (with 3 seed beads) 7-7 CL RW
CH 7 followed by 5 graduated -s 7 CL RW
R7+7- (with 3 seed beads) 7-7 CL RW
CH 11 followed by 7 graduated -s 11 CL RW
R 11+11- (with 3 seed beads) 11-11 CL RW
CH 11 followed by 7 graduated -s 11 CL RW
R11+11- (with 3 seed beads) 11-11 CL RW
CH 11 followed by 7 graduated -s 11 CL RW
R 7+7- (with 3 seed beads) 7-7 CL RW
CH 7 followed by 5 graduated -s 7 CL RW
R 7+7- (with 3 seed beads) 7-7 CL RW
CH 7 followed by 5 graduated -s 7 CL RW
R7+7- (with 3 seed beads_ 7-7 CL RW
CH 11 followed by 7 graduated -s 11 CL RW
R 11+11- (with 3 seed beads) 11-11 CL RW
CH 11 followed by 7 graduated -s 11 CL RW
R 11+11- (with 3 seed beads) 11 + (to first - of first R) 11 CL RW
CH 11 followed by 7 graduated -s 11 CL RW, + to base of first R & CH.  Tie & cut, hide ends.
 
NOTE: before you cut the silk, place a small dot of jeweler's adhesive to secure knot.
 
This is a good basic foundation that can be built upon in numerous ways.  I'll show you the enhancements I make to it as I go.  Use your imagination and add beading, more rounds of tatting, etc.
 
This color of the Valdani Luxury Pearl Silk (S592) reminds me of the Mexican petunias that are blooming like crazy in my front yard.  Here is the image I took of them a few days ago:
 
When the petunias first open, they are darker and become lighter as the day progresses.  S592 is the closest color I have to them.
 
Well, I'm ready for my hot cocoa.  Have a fantastic day & until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!
 
 
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Wow, you can really see the texture the silk thread gives it =) and I loooove the color =) Awesome =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your little pattern. Looks a lovely colour
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete