Wednesday, January 30, 2013

New Pearls & Cleaning Up Storm Damage

Winter Blossoms
Good morning, dear readers!
 
I hope you are all doing well.  We had some very rough weather last night- straight line winds, heavy rain, and some light hail.  There are a lot of limbs and branches down on our property, but that is the extent of the damages we sustained.  We are fortunate.  I do have the unexpected bonus of having several large pine tree branches that fell across one of my favorite trails.  They are loaded with pine cones.  I plan to harvest them and use them for displays, Christmas ornaments and various other decorations.
 
I did get to take some images of the new pearls I received Monday.
 
 
I love to use larger button pearls as accents for pendant and brooch centers.
 
 
These bright purple/fushia pearls were too tempting to resist & I have just the perfect silk thread to go with them!
 
 
And I cannot pass up beautiful bronze pearls.  They work great with the colors I prefer to tat with.
 
Well, I had better get back outside and continue with the clean-up around the house.  We will be working all weekend to clean up the paths in the woods, but I have plans for the pine cones and a few other nature treasures that blew in.  Have a wonderful day & until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are safe, And what a shame about your trees, but the benefits of the pine cones must out weigh the loss of a few branches.
    Hope your weather improves
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're OK. And pine cones can be fun to decorate, but I'm wondering how you eliminate the sticky sap.
    That's quite a stash of pearls! All are beautiful! I'm sure you'll make good use of them.

    ReplyDelete