Thursday, January 17, 2013

Tough Day

Winter Blossoms
Good afternoon, dear readers.
MANY thanks for all of the heartfelt and kind condolences!!!  I appreciate all of your kind words.  They are a great comfort.
 
I spent the morning gathering up a bunch of Lily Fey's stuff that could be donated to our local animal shelter.  She had a new doggy bed and some other things that had never been used.  I took those and several bags of her Iams food to the shelter.  The ladies there were most kind and wanted to help me find another baby, but it is way too soon.  I have to have time to mourn her.
 
The tatting has been put on hold today as I just could not get into it.  I plan to make a "breakfast supper" this evening.  Jim gave me a wonderful waffle iron at Christmas and I plan to do butterscotch waffles.  You just make your favorite waffle mix and add 3/4 cup of butterscotch chips to it.  Don't pour in as much of the batter as you usually would as the chips melt & expand a bit.  Add your favorite syrup or jelly & enjoy.  After supper, I hope to get settled in my chair and finish up the next part of the FREE Winter Blossom Motif No. 3 pendant. 
 
Thank you, dear readers, for your kindness and patience.  Let's hope I can get back into a more normal routine tomorrow.  Until then~
Happy Tatting!

4 comments:

  1. I hope you find another baby to fill the hole she has left
    Thinking of you and sending you a big hug
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you need time to mourn Lily Fey. Only you will know when (or if) the time is right for you to welcome another dog into your life. For me, it was two and half years before I was ready to have a dog in my life again. I knew I was ready when I had a dream where I woman I did not know walked into my house carrying a dog to see if it was the right dog for me. After that dream, I worked with a rescue agency and now Keats (13 lb Shi Tzu) keeps me company. Blessings and comfort to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful of you to donate Lily Fey's things to the local shelter to help other dogs waiting for their forever home. You'll know when the time is right for you to share your love with another furry family member. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is funny that you mention breakfast for supper: I stopped tonight at the local grocery for bananas. When they get too ripe there they will bag up a bunch and sell them for cheap. We have had lots of good banana bread and I wondered about banana waffles...I had not thought about butterscotch. (Though I did put chocolate chips in once - everything is better with chocolate.)

    Over the years we have had many dogs-partially because we are in dog rescue and the rest because of their shortened life span. I have found it helpful to have them be different ages. So, one may be lost (and missed!), but we are never with an empty nest.

    You are wonderfully generous to donate to the animal control. Even broken hearts are still kind. Please heal well. We are all pulling for you.

    ReplyDelete