Friday, February 1, 2013

Romantique

Romantique
Good morning, dear readers!
 
February is here!  The theme this month will be "Romantique".  I am very much a romantic at heart who loves to express romantic whimsies with my tatting.  Festoons of lace dripping with pearls, beads, Swarovskis and such are going to be featured.  And of course, there will be more tatting with antique MOP buttons- I already have 2 designs in the works with some gorgeous buttons!  I have even dug out the Clover yoyo makers shaped like hearts along with some velvets and romantic print fabrics.  Be sure to watch the blog for all sorts of goodies this month!
 
 
Here is a little something I began last night using Valdani Luxury Pearl Silk in S14 (Roses) with burgundy rainbow Czech seed beads and bubblegum rocailles.  I'll finish fleshing this one out today and work on a few other projects this weekend.  Even with the SuperBowl on Sunday, I plan to get a lot of "Romantique" tatting done.  What are your plans for the weekend?
 
Well, I have some buttons and pearls waiting for me in the Atelier.  Time to get busy tatting!  Have a marvelous weekend & until Monday~
Happy Tatting!
 
 


5 comments:

  1. The colour of the thread is gorgeous and whatever you finish with its going to look extra special
    Have a nice weekend
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful thread color! Love the theme for this month!
    I can't wait for spring and your picture has got me wanting the bulbs to bloom NOW! Even though we just got another inch of snow in Illinois :) Happy February Tatting!
    Allison

    ReplyDelete