Friday, March 22, 2013

Up & Running

Celtic Faire
Good morning, dear readers!
Obviously I finally got in the new battery for my laptop.  It seems that the last one was defective, but the wait for the replacement was NOT fun.  At least all seems to be running as it should now.
 
For the past few days, I have been working on various tatting projects for family members and just picked up my needle to begin work on a piece for myself this morning.  I purchased a lovely peach silk blouse to go with my ivory pantsuit and decided that I needed to tat myself a new pendant.  This is the very beginning:
 
 
I am using a vintage button for the base.  The tatting is done with Caron Wildflowers thread in color O53 "Coral Blush".  Light peach Swarovski bicones and light bronze Swarovski pearls serve as accents.  I plan to flesh this out quite a bit and will be adding an 8mm Akoya pearl to the center.  After it is complete, I'll post an image.
 
Jocelin has Literary Rally this weekend, but will be out for the Spring/Easter break next week.  Jim is taking some time off, too.  We plan to have a family "staycation".  I'll be busy next week with Spring cleaning, off-roading in the Jeep (along with driving lessons for Jocelin), puppy playing and possibly a camping trip.  If I can fit in some tatting, I will, but please, do not expect much as I need some time with my darlins!  BUT-  be sure to check out the blog on April 1st, which is International Tatting Day.  There will be a VERY nice little surprise for you, dear readers!!!
 
Well, I need to get back to work on my pendant.  have a wonderful weekend and many thanks for your patience during the "technical difficulties".  I appreciate it!  Until later~
Happy Tatting!
 
 


4 comments:

  1. That is a nice beginning. And yes, we do occasionally need to do some tatting for ourselves. Have fun on your staycation

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hat looks a nice start and I look forward to seeing what you do next
    Have a nice weekend
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always intriguing to me how you start out with a quick motif and already know what direction you'll go and what beads you will use to come up with your marvelous creations!

    Enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete