Monday, March 11, 2013

What A Day!

Celtic Faire
Good morning, dear readers!
We had a wonderful weekend celebrating Jocelin's 17th birthday.  I can't believe my baby is almost a legal adult!!!
 
With everthing going on, I did not get nearly as much tatting time as I had hoped for.  But I do have some images from the yard to share with you today-
 
 
The plum tree is blooming up a storm!!!  The peaches are beginning to bloom and the bridal wreath is bursting with blossoms.
The blueberry bushes are loaded with blooms and the fig tree is beginning to bud out.  Perhaps this will be a good year for putting up jams, jellies and preverves.
 
Rosie Fey had her second round of shots at the vet's this morning.  She did very well and after the ride back home, she has been a little tasmanian devil whirling everywhere.  I need to spray the fruit trees with dormant oil as it is not too windy at the moment, but this is very hard to do when a certain little dog is racing all over the yard, getting into everything- and I mean EVERYTHING!
Rosie has discovered that she likes the taste of the chicken's feed- go figure.
 
Well, I have got lots of work to do and a puppy to wear out so I can get to it.  May you have a wonderful day & until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Glad spring has came somewhere. Not sure if Iowa is ever going to get spring freezing rain then snow on top of that. Thanks for the pictures of the trees in bloom. Rose Fey sounds like she is enjoying her new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that my friends and family can't see how beautiful your yard is since we still have snow and they are complaining like crazy that it's not spring. :D
    Enjoy those gorgeous flowers!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring is somewhere but here in the UK it's gone back to sleep as if very cold with a north icy wind, it's only 1 degree with a wind chill of -6 to - 7 and snow flurries in the air.
    Lovely pictures of your plants it's going to be a long time before blossoms come out.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete