Monday, June 24, 2013

Week and Weekend Recap

Shabby Vintage Bridal
Good morning, dear readers!
 
I had a refreshing, if exhausting, week off from the blog.  Now I am back and am ready to hit the ground running!
 
Aside from cleaning the living room in preparation for new furniture last week, I enjoyed a very special day trip on Thursday.  My mother and daughter accompanied me to visit Ms. Pat at the Stitcher's Workshop in Norphlet, Arkansas.  Ms. Pat is closing her wonderful needle work shop in August.  I shall miss her and the shop greatly!  If you would like to get in on some wonderful savings on thread, click the link above to Ms. Pat's.  Mom, Jocie and I had a wonderful day together as we visited the shop, dined at a charming local café, and took in the sights along the way. 
 
Well, according to the poll, you would like to have a wedding inspired earring pattern.  Okay- your wish is my command.  I will be designing a special pair of earrings to feature as a FREE pattern on Friday's blog post.  I've already gathered the materials I plan to use.  I am using an earring stud filigree finding that can be purchased from Fire Mountain Gems.  The number order for the earrings is A37-1762FY.  I will be using Valdani Luxury Pearl Silk in S49 "Subtle Elegance" and pearl and Swarovski bicones for accents.  Possibly some seed beads, too.  You'll just have to wait and see the results on Friday!
 
This past weekend, our town hosted its yearly "festival".  I do NOT take part as it is hot this time of year and, most importantly, it is not the type of venue where I care to present my work.  Jim graciously took me on an antiquing adventure to several nice towns in another state.  Here is one goody I found:
 
 
I could not resist this cute vintage plastic brooch!  The colors are so pretty and will look beautiful with my favorite Valdani Luxury Pearl Silk.
 
There are a number of other goodies I lucked up on that I will feature this week as I clean them and prep them for tatting.  The majority of my tatting time in the Atelier this week will be spent designing the FREE earring pattern.  Thank you all for voting in the poll and expressing your opinions.  I value them all!
 
Guess I had better get busy.  Jim will be ready for breakfast soon and I've got lots of work to do.  Have a wonderful day & until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back, lovely vintage brooch, I am wondering what you have in store for it.
    I am looking forward to Friday to see your new design
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an unusual brooch! Can't wait to see what you do with it. :)

    ReplyDelete